Sunday, December 17, 2017

High Scalibility Blogs



Plenty of Fish
http://highscalability.com/plentyoffish-architecture

A small calculation on storage I scribbled go like this:

  • Each User has avg 5 pictures of .5 MB each. = 2.5 MB of Data Per User. ~ Not counting Textual Data.
  • That means a 10TB Disk can host 4 million users. I think it is just amazing how storage is cheap. ~ 400$ Amazon Link   . This really opened my eyes when I think of how insignificant hardware cost is when compared to scale of application.

ButterCMS

I think article does a great job in going to details about where they made mistakes and what they did to overcome that. I personally wish to print it out and read it in more depth as I find it very valuable. I guess it is more important to understand one system design better than reading 100's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's OK to be NOT-OK.

02/22/2021  Last week I was just un-productive and was not doing enough to talk about. I also wanted to say that weeks before the last, I ha...